Hepatitis C Do Not Be Affraid

Do not let Hepatitis C get you down! You need to get a good support system around you! You need your family and friends. You need to also reach out to a local suport group and if there isn't one in your area start one. That is what I did 6 years ago and we started with just two people but once the word got out we grew like crazy.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Goodmorning To You All

I am still blogging on her and thinking of a way to continue to bring the awareness of Hepatitis C to our community. Our Open Open House was good but there so many more calls then people who showed up. I feel so bad for those who didn't show because of the awful stigma there is yet on this disease. It makes me sad. I want everyone to feel the joy we do when we all get together and enjoy the company of someone who can understand what you are going through. It makes it so nice to be able to talk to someone and have them say " I know " and have them really know what you are feeling. We can all get so down once we are diagnosed with Hepatitis C and feel that that scary feeling of the unknown. I want the public to realize that it is who you are that makes you and not what you have. So like I said we got to meet a few new people and for that I am grateful!!! They all seemed quit lovely.  I am not going to give up on bringing the stigma down. I am not sure how or exactly how to do this. But I will never stop trying. One thing I will continue to do is to pray. And prayer can be quit powerful so if any of you would please pray also. Thank you.
I am scheduled for my 3rd Liver biopsy in July to see how much the Cirrhosis has progressed. Hopefully it has not but we will see.Okay til next time take care and stay strong!!!
Have a great day!!!
Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment